The Bookmark has been owned and managed by Mrs Marjory Marshall since 2007. Marjory personally selects every title and the astonishing range of stock squeezed into limited shelf space reflects her own eclectic and very varied reading interests. Topics and genres covered include:
• Literary and popular fiction
• Scottish literature, history, landscape, poetry, genealogy, culture, geology, etc
• Classics – old and modern
• Military history
• Crime fiction
• Outdoor pursuits – reference guides, maps, etc
• Travel writing and memoirs
• Children's literature and factual reference
• Teenage fiction
• Food and drink, including cookery and whisky
• Social history
• Biography and memoirs
• Politics, philosophy, popular science
• Mind, body & spirit
• Music, architecture, visual arts, dance
• Transport – railways, ferries, buses, aviation
• Local, British and global history
• Sport – fishing, cycling, golf, etc
The Bookmark is usually open 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday. We don't close for lunch.
On Sundays in the summer (July and August) we are also open 11.00am to 4.00pm
At other busy times (such as the run-up to Christmas or during local festivals) we may operate extended opening hours.
What do others think?
Independent Bookseller of the Year - shortlisted in 2013
Against stiff competition from retailers across the UK, The Bookmark was shortlisted for the prestigious Independent Bookseller of the Year Awards 2013 in two categories – for independent bookshop owner/manager and best childrens' independent bookshop. We are proud that Grantown's high street bookshop can compete with the best in Britain.
Independent reviews on Trip Advisor
See what some of our customers say about The Bookmark on Trip Advisor.